The West Coast District Municipality Bursary
About West Coast District Municipality
The West Coast District Municipality (WCDM) is based in Moorreesburg and is part of the Western Cape province. Saldanha Bay, Bergrivier Local, Matzikama Local, Cederberg Local, and Swartland are the five local municipalities that make up the WCDM.
The main goal of WCDM is to collaborate with local governments to ensure that residents in the area have easy access to services and resources.
West Coast District Municipality Bursary 2022
The West Coast District Municipality, in collaboration with the Department of the Western Cape, is asking students living in the West Coast Municipal area to apply for bursary funding for the 2022 academic year. In 2022, full-time students who have been admitted by a university or university of technology and who specialize in the following undergraduate degree (NQF6 or NQF7) or National Diploma (NQF6) subjects of study will be considered for bursaries:
- Supply Chain Management
- Internal Auditing
- Risk Management
- Information Technology
The total amount of these bursaries, excluding lodging, is RS50,000. Depending on the awardee’s good performance, the bursaries can be extended for up to three (3) years. Students must join in the internship program of the West Coast District Municipality once they have completed their studies.
Those who are eligible for the scholarship will be notified. Applicants who do not hear back from us within 30 days of the application deadline should consider their application unsuccessful.
Interested applicants must meet the following entry requirements before applying.
- Must be a citizen of South Africa
- Must have parents or guardians who live in the West Coast region
- Must intend on studying full-time in one of the fields of study mentioned above
- Must enter their 1st year of study in the year 2022
- Must have been provisionally accepted or accepted to study at one of the accredited South African Universities or Universities of Technology
- Must come from a historically disadvantaged background or must have some sort of disability
If you don’t meet all of these criteria, your application can be rejected.
- GCRA Bursary 2022
- SANZAF Zakah Bursary 2022
- The SAAB Scholarship 2022
- E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme 2022
- Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries 2022
- Armscor External Bursary 2022
- For Coloured Girls Bursary 2022
- Athlone Institute Bursary project fund
- FirstRand International Postgraduate Scholarships 2022
How to Apply
Download the West Coast District Municipality Bursary Application Form(.pdf) and fill it out.
The applicant should additionally send clear copies of the following documents together with the application form:
- Certified copy of an ID document
- Certified copy of Matric certificate or Matric final results if the applicant hasn’t completed Matric yet
- Proof of tertiary provisional acceptance on the letterhead of the tertiary school
- Proof of tertiary registration fees on the letterhead of the tertiary school
- Proof of permanent residential address
- Certified copy of the applicant’s parents’ or guardians’ ID documents
- Proof of household income of the applicant’s parents or guardians in the form of 3 most recent payslips (if employed) or a certified copy or sworn affidavit (if unemployed)
- Affidavit of guardianship if the applicant isn’t living with their parents
- Certified copies of the ID documents of any other people dependent on family income
- A motivational letter that includes what motivates the applicant to study towards their chosen field, why the applicant believes they should get the bursary. The letter should be a maximum of 1000 words in the applicant’s own handwriting on a separate sheet of paper.
The applicant must use one of the following ways to submit their application form and additional documents:
- By Post:
West Coast District Municipality
P.O. Box 242
(Attention: Human Resources Development)
- By Hand delivery:
West Coast District Municipality
58 Lang Street
These documents must be submitted as part of the application process. If you do not provide all of these documents, your application will be rejected.
4 March 2022
Please contact the West Coast District Municipality directly with any questions about this bursary program:
Training and Development section
Contact People: Mrs Thelma Steinmann / Ms Charney Erasmus
Telephone: 022 433 8400
If this bursary has already closed, please do not contact FirstRand. Check out our other available bursaries here.