About The University of South Africa (UNISA)
One of Africa’s largest open distance learning institutions is the University of South Africa. It is also the world’s oldest university that offers distance learning.
Certificate programs, short courses, three- and four-year degrees, and diplomas are all available at the university.
The vision of UNISA is to be dedicated to the people and communities of South Africa.
The institution is always conscious of maintaining positive relationships with the African community and giving back.
One of the reasons for UNISA’s Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 is to address this issue.
The UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022
South African and international students are eligible for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022, which is awarded based on academic performance and financial need.
According to the 80/20 rule, UNISA will give priority to South African students over international students.
What is offered?
The UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 provides tuition fees as well as research activities expenditures for chosen students.
The value of the bursary varies depending on the categories listed below:
- Master’s degree by research and experimental research – An amount up to R55,000 for three years of education.
- Master’s degree by coursework – An amount up to R25,000 for the first two years of study.
- Doctoral degree by research – An amount up to R80,000 for the first four years of study.
- Doctoral degree by experimental research – An amount up to R120,000 for the first four years of study.
To be considered for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- By February 28, 2022, applicants must be temporarily registered with UNISA.
- Applicants must be able to show their supervisor that they are making adequate academic progress. They must recommend financial assistance based on whether or not a student was able to meet the set plans or goals for the research activities outlined in the previous academic year’s supervision contract.
- Applicants who plan to enroll in special study programs in 2022, whether certificate or non-degree programs, are ineligible to apply.
- Students with a postgraduate degree at the same level or higher than the bursary are ineligible to apply.
Other conditions from the bursary providers:
- Students who get a bursary can only be supported for the first one to four years of their studies.
- UNISA does not guarantee that every qualifying applicant will be awarded a bursary. This is due to the fact that they have a set number of cash accessible, and if those monies are not available, your application may be rejected.
- Students in their second, third, and fourth years must reapply each year, and their applications will be accepted only if they received satisfactory grades the previous ye
- A student’s postgraduate bursary will be terminated if they do not comply with UNISA’s terms or if they cease studying. The bursary money will be taken away by UNISA.
- For the selected student, the bursary will not cover any failed courses.
How to Apply?
The application for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 can be downloaded from UNISA’s official website or by clicking on this link.
The application must be completed in Adobe Acrobat Reader and submitted online using myUnisa. To submit the application, you must first log in to your student portal.
Before submitting your application, rename it with the following format: – Your student number_M&D_Bursary_Application Form_2022. Only your myLife email address will be used to communicate with you about the status of your application.
It’s crucial to keep in mind that your application could be turned down for a variety of reasons:
- The application form is missing information.
- Hard-copy application or email application.
- Late applications are not accepted.
- If you did not pass your supervisor’s Research Proposal Module.
Applications for the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022 are open from November 1, 2021, to January 31, 2022, and applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
If you have any queries about the UNISA Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022, you may reach out to the bursary sponsors at: