Shanghai is a City in one of the four direct-administered municipalities of the People’s Republic of China. The city is located on the southern estuary of the Yangtze River, with the Huangpu River flowing through it.
With a population of 24.87 million as of 2020, it is the most populous urban area in China, the most populous city proper in the world and the only city in East Asia with a GDP greater than its corresponding capital.
Shanghai is a global center for finance, business and economics, research, education, science and technology, manufacturing, tourism, culture and transportation, and the Port of Shanghai is the world’s busiest container port.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022
Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 SGS is inviting international students to study at Universities in Shanghai, China.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 was established in 2006 with the goal of advancing international student education in Shanghai and attracting more and more outstanding international students.
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 covers the following fields;
- Medicine, and Art
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 is accepting applications for Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. students.
Shanghai has opened its doors to Full Scholarships in China, inviting students from all over the world to pursue Bachelors, Masters, and Ph.D. degrees on a full scholarship.
List of Shanghai universities
The Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 offers two sorts of scholarships to the recipient:
Type A (Full Scholarship)
- Exempt From Full Tuition fee.
- Accommodation on campus
- Provide comprehensive medical insurance
- Monthly Living Expense:
- Doctoral program: CNY3500
- Graduate program: CNY3000
- Undergraduate program: CNY2500
Type B (Partial Scholarship)
- Exempt from tuition fee, and provide comprehensive medical insurance.
To be eligible for a Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022, a candidate must meet all of the following criteria:
- Required Languages: Generally, applicant should achieve Chinese level of HSK4 and meet the language requirements of the applied university and program.
- Eligible Countries: All World Countries except Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and in good health.
- Applicants for the pre-college program must have a high school diploma and be under 23.
- Applicants for the bachelor degree program must have a high school diploma and be under 25.
- Applicants for the master degree program must have a bachelor degree and be under 35.
- Applicants for the doctoral degree program must have a master degree and under 40.
- Outstanding in academic performance.
- Meeting entry requirements of the applied university and program.
- Applicant that has received any other scholarships offered by Chinese government or organizations is not entitled to apply SGS.
How to Apply?
To apply for a Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Applicant should register and apply online through http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html. Submit online application and download the application form.
- Applicant should register and apply online through selected university website (List of universities is given above). Submit online application and pay application fee (if applicable).
- After submit the online application, download and print out the application form. Mail two sets of hard-copy of application documents (1 set of originals and 1 set of photocopies) to the university where you have applied.
- General Documents required:
- Application Form from http://study.edu.sh.gov.cn/en/ise.html
- Academic transcripts (notarized photocopy): Transcripts in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Highest diploma (notarized photocopy):
- Photocopy of health certificate and blood test. Bring your original documents when entering China.
- Photocopy of passport, including all Chinese visa pages.
- Certificates of award in your high school (not mandatory).
- Applicants under 18 must provide a Guardian’s Letter of Guarantee.
- Make sure your email address is correct and check your email box occasionally, otherwise you might miss some IMPORTANT INFORMATION.
- The result of your application will be announced both in your application account and on the bulletin of International Students’ Office website.
- Admitted students must bring the original graduation certificate and diploma to register on the dates listed on the admission letter. Your enrollment will be cancelled without providing the relevant certificates.
Application Deadline for Shanghai Government Scholarship 2022 is May 10, 2022.
Global Education Center, ECNU
Undergraduate Program (Applicants of School of International Chinese Studies & English for Oversea Students): ZHANG Juanmei email@example.com
Undergraduate Program (Other Applicants): Sun Xiaoqian firstname.lastname@example.org
Master’s Program: ZHU Xinnan (Cassie) email@example.com
Doctoral Program: YIN Ying firstname.lastname@example.org
Tel: +86-21-62238353 / 62232013
Add: Room 253, Physics Building, East China Normal University, 3663 North Zhongshan Road, Shanghai 200062, China