The O.R. Tambo Research Chair for Technology Entrepreneurship, with funding from the National Research Foundation of South Africa, invites eligible candidates in Ghana and other African countries to apply for scholarship awards to study a doctoral programme (i.e. Ph.D.) in Technology Entrepreneurship at the School of Business at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST).
The Scholarships to be awarded by the Chair are categorized into full, partial and fee waiver scholarship awards. The category of scholarship awards to be given to an applicant will be depend on the economic needs of an applicant as determined by the scholarship award committee.
REQUIREMENTS FOR AWARD OF SCHOLARSHIPS
In conformity with the entry requirement at Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, successful candidates must be in possession of the following qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree with first-class or second class (upper division) honours (please submit your certificates and academic transcripts as evidence).
For applicants whose bachelor’s degree is not provided in English, possession of an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (i.e., TOEFL or IELTS) with an above-average score is required.
- Applicants must demonstrate economic need for which reason they should be supported financially to enrol on the doctoral programme at KNUST;
- required to hold citizenship of Ghana or another African country. Non-Ghanaian African applicants must demonstrate possession of a student visa to legally study at KNUST;
- show evidence of admission to the PhD in Business and Management (Technology Entrepreneurship) programme at KNUST;
- complete and submit the Scholarship Application form;
- complete and submit the economic needs assessment form; and
- commit to full-time availability for the entire period of study.
- READ ALSO: SAD NEWS: Arizona State PhD Scholar, Adam Gafaru Reportedly Dies In A Drowning Incident
- Application deadline is 5:00 pm on Monday, November 15th, 2021.
- Kindly upload your supporting documents in a single zip file. Supporting documents in French must have an official English translation in addition
- Ineligible, incomplete or late applications will not be processed.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview scheduled for November 27th and 28th, 2021
Check out more details on the University’s website: https://www.knust.edu.gh/announcements/general/call-applications-scholarship-awards-study-doctoral-programme