About Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST
Tina Scholtz founded Potchefstroom Academy in 1981 as a South African higher education school.
Photography, Somatology (beauty therapy), Interior design and decorating, Therapeutic Aromatherapy, Therapeutic Massage, and Therapeutic Reflexology are just a few of the specialist certifications it offers.
SAAHST, a TVET (Technical and Vocational Education and Training) institution that offers specialist training programs in Business Management, Hairdressing, Cosmetology, and Nail Technology, was acquired in 2003.
SAAHST also offers short courses to help you improve your skills. For hairdressing, the National Artisan Moderation Body’s (NAMB) Trade Test Center has accredited SAAHST.
For almost 40 years, Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST have been the industry leaders.
Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST Bursary Programme 2022
Through their bursary program, Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST assist students in obtaining expert training and joining the organization’s workforce.
Their bursary program is valid on one of the following qualifications for the academic year 2022:
Photography: 2-year full-time qualification
– 1st year: Higher Certificate in Photography (NFQ Level 5)
Students will have the opportunity to express themselves and challenge their creativity in the first year of the Higher Certificate in Photography.
They’ll be well-prepared to work for major corporations or independently in the industry. The qualifying course is enjoyable, creative, and full of interesting activities that will prepare them for their future careers.
– 2nd year: Advanced Certificate in Photography (NFQ level 6)
The Advanced Certificate in Photography’s second year seeks to improve your specialization and offer you a competitive advantage in the field.
– QCTO Occupational Certificate in Hairdressing (NFQ Level 4) – 2 years full time plus 1 Year industry experience.
For students interested in gaining experience in the hairdressing profession, SAAHST offers an all-inclusive training certification program.
Through innovative approaches such as hair shows, competitions, and workshops, students will learn about the latest hairdressing trends and techniques.
Students’ skills will be greatly enhanced by expert training combined with industrial experience, giving them a competitive advantage.
– Further Education and Training Certificate (NFQ level 4) – 1 Year full time
The SAAHST Cosmetology Certificate teaches students both academic and practical approaches to beauty treatments.
– Diploma in Somatology (NFQ level 6)- 3 years full time
Somatology is a multi-purpose qualification that teaches you how to use a holistic approach to treat a variety of skin and body disorders.
Basic and advanced skin and body care procedures, such as spa, massage, slimming, and anti-aging techniques, are included in the professional training.
It also encompasses body and skincare aesthetics such as make-up, hand and foot treatments, and hair removal methods.
The bursary programme seeks to improve and update the abilities of aspiring beauticians, hair stylists, photographers, cosmetologists, and interior designers so that they can have the necessary knowledge and confidence to one day open their own business.
– Diploma in Interior Design (NQF level 6) – 3 years full time
While catering to your client’s needs, the all-inclusive interior designer qualification program trains you to solve problems, be more creative, and visualize 3-D environments.
How to Apply?
Follow these steps to qualify for the Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST bursary program:
- Download and fill-up the Potchefstroom Academy and SAAHST application form.
- Open the Entry Form here. Choose the qualification course to opt for
- Fill up the basic fields such as name, surname, contact number, email address, ID number and city.
- Fill the ‘Motivation’ field (MAX 200 words) explaining why you are a deserving candidate for the bursary
- Create a 30-second entry video exhibiting your skills in the field of hairdressing, photography, make-up or interior design. At the end of the video, explain why you are a deserving student to acquire the bursary.
- Upload the entry video in the provided field in an MP4 format (size limit 10 MB)
- Opting for Photography or Interior Design requires you to upload a Portfolio (size limit 10 MB) in the jpg, pdf or docx format
Important note: The photography and interior design qualification courses require a skills’ assessment portfolio as well.
- University Of South Africa Postgraduate Diploma And Honors Bursaries 2022
- University Of South Africa Master’s and Doctoral Bursary 2022
- Islamic Relief Bursary 2022 – 2023
- North West Provincial Government Bursary 2022
- A pdf copy of your ID document
- A certificate applicable to the basic entry requirements (a record of matric exam or NQF Level 4 qualification or matric certificate)
- Completed application form
Terms and Conditions for the Bursary:
- The bursary only covers the term fees for the first year of the qualification. It doesn’t cover accommodation and meals
- OFM will offer R10 000 cash to help the bursary holder with the extra expenses of study such as textbooks, meals, equipment, etc.
- The bursary holder will be selected by a panel of judges and will be announced on 17 January 2022.
- The final list of students declared will be subject to further assessment and personal interview
- The bursary holder is expected to register for their desired qualification course by 31 January 2022
- The bursary holder is expected to take on classes on 7 February 2022
10 January 2022
Contact the Potchefstroom Academy directly with any questions about this bursary program:
Tel: 018 294 9037/ 018 294 5581
Email: email@example.com (Office hours: Monday to Friday between 07h30- 16h30)