The Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary South Africa
About Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary
Implats is a leading producer of platinum and related platinum group metals (PGMs) such as cobalt, copper, and nickel, with operations in Zimbabwe’s Great Dyke and South Africa’s Bushveld Complex, two of the world’s largest PGM-bearing ore complexes.
The company is listed on the JSE Limited, employs roughly 53 000 people, and generates R26.121 billion in revenue.
Implats’ aim is to be the best and largest platinum-producing company in the world, and they are on track to achieve that goal by generating 22% % of the world’s primary platinum supply.
About Impala Platinum/ Implats Bursary – Fields Covered
Impala Platinum/ Implats is accepting applications for its bursary program for the academic year 2022.
The company grants bursaries for study in the following fields each year:
- Accounting (BCom)
- Chemical Engineering
- Chemistry (BSc)
- Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current only)
- Extractive Metallurgy
- Geology (Mining or Exploration)
- Human Resources (BCom)
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
- Survey (Mining)
The bursary will provide cover for the following expenses:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation in residence
- Computer allowance (from second year only) and
- Cash allowance.
Bursary recipients will be expected to work at Impala Platinum on their vacations at the end of each year. Bursary recipients will also be expected to work for the company for the same amount of time as the funding they received following graduation.
Candidates who have been shortlisted will be contacted and asked to attend an interview (at the Impala Platinum Rustenburg operation). Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not received feedback within 30 days of the application deadline (i.e. by April 30, 2022).
Before applying, applicants must meet the following minimal entry criteria (please note that if you do not meet all of the requirements, your application will be rejected):
- You must be a South African citizen
- You must have completed Matric and received a University exemption
- You must be studying or intend on studying full-time within one of the fields listed above, in 2022
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for English in Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for Science Matric
- You must have achieved a minimum result of 60% (“C” symbol/ level 5) for Mathematics in Matric
- Students with disabilities are welcome to apply
- Armscor External Bursary 2022
- For Coloured Girls Bursary 2022
- Athlone Institute Bursary project fund
- FirstRand International Postgraduate Scholarships 2022
- West Coast District Municipality Bursary 2022 – Apply
- Oppenheimer Memorial Trust (OMT) Scholarships 2022
- Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals 2022
- Kuehne + Nagel Inzuzo Trust Bursary South Africa 2022
How to Apply
Download the Impala Platinum Bursary Application Form(.pdf) and fill it out.
Along with your completed application form, submit clear copies of the following supporting papers (submission of these documents is mandatory; if any elements are missing, your application may be disqualified):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Matric certificate (certified copy)
- Full tertiary academic record/ proof of results, if currently at tertiary level (certified copy)
- University certificate of conduct, if currently at tertiary level
- Curriculum Vitae
- A recent black and white photograph of yourself (head and shoulders)
Applications must be posted to:
Impala Platinum Bursary Department
PO Box 5683
31 March 2022.
(Applications submitted after this date will not be accepted – please apply before the closing date to ensure your application is considered.)
Please contact Implats directly with any questions about this bursary program:
Tel: 014 569 0088
If this bursary has already closed. Please, check out our other available bursaries here.