The Gauteng City Region Academy – GCRA Bursary 2022.
About Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA)
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) is a division of the Gauteng Department of Education dedicated to the development of skills in the Gauteng region. Learnerships, internships, bursaries (GCRA bursary), skills programs, and career counselling programs are all used to do this. The GCRA’s primary beneficiaries include Gauteng’s youth, corporate sector, and government personnel.
In order to find participants for development initiatives, the GCRA has created an unemployment database. Gauteng Provincial Government departments, municipalities, government agencies, and the business sector will provide job possibilities. The foundation for program selection will include interviews, as well as other application methods and results. The goal is to develop a workforce that is competent, capable, and ethical for the region.
GCRA Bursary 2022
GCRA provides financial aid to students who desire to continue their education but do not have the financial means to do so. The GCRA bursary program is for undergraduate and postgraduate students who live in the Gauteng province. Students come from many walks of life and study in a variety of fields. They can apply for bursary assistance if they match the qualifying standards (described in the following section).
The scholarship will pay the following expenditures (as per the bursary contract) after it has been awarded:
- Registration fees
- Tuition fees
- Accommodation cost
Those who want to stay in residence will get a maximum of R 65,000. Off-campus or private-housing students will receive a maximum of R47,000 in financial aid. The ultimate amount that each bursar will receive will be calculated by GCRA.
Within 3 to 4 weeks following the closing date, shortlisted candidates will be notified of their selection. Consider your application failed if you have not received an email or phone call before then.
You must meet the qualifying requirements to be considered for the bursary grant. GCRA is unable to issue scholarships to everyone who applies due to the limited amount of bursaries available. The criteria for selecting the best applicants are in place. Applicants that do not satisfy all of the criteria will be disqualified. As a result, always double-check your work before submitting it.
The Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary 2022 has the following requirements:
- Must be a South African citizen
- Must reside within the Gauteng province
- Must be between the age of 18 to 35 at the time of applying
- Must have completed Matriculation
- Students on an undergraduate programme must be either studying or have registered themselves to study at a PSET (Post School Education and Training) that’s registered and accredited institution
- Postgrad students must be either studying or have registered themselves to study at a tertiary institution of higher learning towards a postgraduate qualification
- Must have a strong academic record
Not everyone fulfilling the above criteria will be selected. The applicants who meet the following criteria will get preference over others and will automatically be selected:
- Top achiever at their school in Gauteng
- Belong to the top three learners if studying at a no-fee paying schools in Gauteng
- Belong to the top three learners if studying at an LSEN (Learners with Special Education Needs) government schools in Gauteng
How to Apply and Application Details
You must complete the application procedure to be considered for the Gauteng City Region Academy (GCRA) Bursary 2022. It’s a straightforward online procedure.
While the tasks are straightforward, you must be careful and attentive while performing them. Submissions that are incomplete or incorrect are automatically discarded.
Applicants can fill out an online application form for the GCRA bursary at https://gcrabursary.gauteng.gov.za/.
You may access the GCRA Login here if you already have an account:
For additional information on the application procedure, download the GCRA Bursary Application Guide.pdf
Before you may Login and apply for the bursary online, you must first create an account with your personal information.
You’d also have to include Matric’s final grades and other academic information. In the site, you’d have to choose the form of bursary you’re applying for. The choices are as follows:
- New intake
- Top achievers
- Top 3 achiever
- Top 3 in LSEN
- MEC/HOD Discretion (if the HOD has advised you to apply)
- Veteran Discretion (if you’re a child of a military veteran)
- Financial assistance (you required assistance)
- Top-Ups (if you have an existing bursary but it’s insufficient)
Prepare the following document to accompany your application:
- Certified copy of Matric Certificate (not more than three months) and results if doing a semester course.
- Certified copy of Identity Document (not more than three months)
- Proof of registration or acceptance letter from PSET Institution
- Proof of residence required (either a Water and Electricity bill, stamped ward councilors letter or in case of rural areas, a recognized letter from traditional authority to show proof of address)
- Letter of Motivation (The motivation letter should indicate why they require and deserve financial assistance)
- Disability / Medical Report if applicable
- Proof of income from parents if employed (both parents salary advices). Affidavits will be required for the following:
- If single parented
- Unemployed parents
- Guardian – an affidavit and proof of guardianship
- Orphans – include death certificates
- Applicants whose surnames are different from parents and/or guardians
APPLY: SANZAF Zakah Bursary 2022
28 February 2022 .
Please contact the Gauteng City Region Academy directly with any questions about this GCRA bursary program: