The Armscor External Bursary
The South African Department of Defence’s Armaments Corporation of South Africa (Armscor) is a division. It has roughly 1500 employees and has been in business since 1968. The Armscor Bursary Scheme provides scholarships to exceptional students. The primary goal of this program is to improve the defense industry’s engineering and critical scientific skills.
They accomplish this goal by concentrating on improving and promoting results in science, mathematics, and other technical areas. The bursaries will be awarded to deserving students from low-income families who plan to pursue full-time studies in science and engineering.
Armscor External Bursary 2022
The Armscor Bursary Scheme, which is run in collaboration with the defence industry, provides bursaries to excellent students. The goal of this bursary program is to address the defense industry’s important science and engineering capabilities by encouraging and enhancing school performance in Math, Science, and technical disciplines.
The bursaries will be given to students from historically disadvantaged backgrounds who plan to pursue full-time studies in engineering or science.
Scholarships will be awarded by the Armscor group for the following:
- Applied Mathematics
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Computer Science
- Chemistry and Physics
- Human Kinetics & Ergonomics Science
- Electronics or Electrical (Light Current) Engineering
- Information Technology
- Industrial Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Material Sciences
- Metallurgy Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Naval or Marine Engineering
The following expenses will be covered by the bursary:
- Tuition fees
- Prescribed books
- Vacation work (if applicable)
To be considered for this bursary, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- They must show interest in working in the defense industry.
- They should achieve levels of 5,6, and 7 in Physical Science, English, and Mathematics.
- They must intend to study or be currently studying within one of the fields of study mentioned above.
- They must intend to study or be currently studying at one of the recognised tertiary institutions in South Africa.
- They must possess excellent academic results.
- GCRA Bursary 2022
- SANZAF Zakah Bursary 2022
- The SAAB Scholarship 2022
- E.V. Adams Scholarship Programme 2022
- Poliomyelitis Research Foundation Bursaries 2022
How to Apply
Students interested in applying for this bursary should download the application form here:
Along with the fully completed application form, applicants must submit the following documents:
- A certified copy of an ID document.
- A certified copy of their Matric Mid-year results for the applicants who are currently enrolled in Matric.
- A certified copy of the Matric certificate for applicants who have completed Matric.
- Certified copies of the applicant’s full academic record if currently at the tertiary level.
- Certified copies of the ID documents of the applicants’ parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Copies of the proof of income of the applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) including their latest payslips, an employment letter, SASSA grant letter, or an affidavit for informal traders.
- A copy of a death certificate of the applicant’s parent(s) or guardian(s) if they are already deceased.
During the final phases of the selection process, interested applicants must also provide the following documents:
- A certified copy of the final Matric results
- Proof of registration or University acceptance letter
- Student number
- If currently studying at the tertiary level, a copy of the fees statement
Applicants must send their applications to the following address:
The subject line of the email should read “ArmscorBursary Application-Your Full Name.”
Hard copies should be sent to the Senior Manager at:
Learning & Organisation Development
Armscor LTD, Private Bag X337
27 February 2022
If you have any questions about this bursary program, please contact:
Name: Sam Sibiya
Tel: 012 428 2434